Tried trackbacks to 7 different blogs with this plugin. Submitted directly from a blog but without linking directly to their post.
No successful results yet and my test trackback to both my own hosted blog and wordpress.com blog ended up in the moderation queue and not Akismet's spam filter. If Akismet traps it before this plugin, then it defeats the purpose of the test.
I took care of the IP issue but not the direct link to the post I was trackbacking. I was hoping the snippet of php code that displayed the referer would suffice. The test now is if the blog moderator will pass it.
The other option is to go to a database option or even a manual list of actually posting the links of the 50 sites that I want trackbacks on under the guise of "Sites I visited to write my last post"
If it stops trackbacks from getting flagged as spam, it is worth it.
There are a lot of other blogs that don't take any anti-trackback measures. It may be easier to target them.
The caveat is that the more trackbacks you send that fail, the greater the chance your domain and IP will get blacklisted.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment